there is power at ac plug. This a Sharp R-1850-A microwave. How do I remove control panel to gain excess to fuse.
I see that you got some help from a previous answer provided by Jacqueline S. I do not recommend that you open the microwave cabinet yourself unless you are a trained technician and know how to safely discharge a capacitor.This type of internal component in a microwave should only be accessed by a technician. Internal high voltage components inside the microwave cavity can retain a lethal electrical charge even when the microwave is completely unplugged. A microwave radiation shielding test must be performed on the unit using proper testing equipment following any internal component access and/or repair. These are the reasons that I recommend having this type of failure serviced by a technician. Here is a link for the Sears Service website: Sears Home Services .
Ready to buy what you need?Shop now
Still have questions?Ask us
Need expert repair service?Schedule now
“This is a great place to go for advice, especially if you're low on funds and you could resolve the problem before calling and paying a service call, if it's an easy fix. I'm glad you are there for me.”